Monday, May 5, 2008

$184,296.92, 2 Worn Out Feet, 1 Dirty Shirt & My New Personal Low Point

Well, as weird as it may seem - all of these numbers have a common thread.
We raised $184,296.92 at Relay this weekend - YAHOO!! It is a new record for the County. I am so proud of all my teams, committee members and community for all the support and hard work. WE ROCK!!!

So....obviously, my 2 feet were TORE UP by Saturday morning when Relay ended at 6AM.

And the dirty shirt.....well.....see for yourself......

So do I need to say, that Bug had a good time at Relay on Friday night? Monty brought him out and he ran and played. He had Fruit Punch to drink (couldn't guess it, could you?) and they decided on BBQ chicken wings for dinner. So......this is what his Monkeying Around shirt looked like after all that and more than a few good rolls in the dirt with his pals Tanner & Dawson who also came out with their Daddy.

And after I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and washed it 3 times, this is what it looks like now.

Well, I was impressed anyway.

Sunday was a day of more relaxation and a new approach on things. I could finally do some things I have been needing to do. Top on my list was cleaning out my truck. I have hauled boxes of Relay "stuff" for about 6 or 7 months. Backing up the truck usually included straining to see over boxes stacked up and the constant rattle of yard signs was about to produce a nervous twitch. But we unloaded everything at my office Saturday and so Sunday was my day to act out my plan of attack. I took out Bug's car seat, wiped down the leather seats, vacuumed out about a gazillion cracker crumbs and then....I saw it. It ruined my moment of glory. The high I was feeling on cleaning out my truck was shattered...................................

.........................the neighbor's dog was eating all the gazillion cracker crumbs from out of Bug's car seat. UGH! How incredibly gross!!! How could this be????? I am OCD. I am a germ-a-phobe. How could my boy's car seat be so infested with crumbs????

So that is my new low. Nasty, just plain out nasty!!!

Here is are some snapshots from the weekend. Lane decided to wear his Daddy's cap. Isn't it too cute??? Check out those TORE UP feet under the blanket elevated in the background!!

3 comments:

Ursula Page said...

Yeah! I am so happy for Relay and proud of you for the great job you did!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That is awesome DK! I am glad that now you will get to rest and cute bug photos!

Candid Carrie said...

Cute site, awesome photos. I am always proud when I get stains out. Don't worry about the dog slobber ... that dirty dog can get that car seat cleaner than any toothbrush could ever do (even if you didn't mean to let it get that dirty). Everyone has one of those days, weeks, months, years?