Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I know - it was yesterday but actually I did try to post; however, our modem thingy (yes, not really computer savy) was broken so it was a no-go. So although a day, late here are a few thoughts on Motherhood.

I never knew how much I valued taking a shower, tinkling, etc. alone until I became a Mother.

Some days I want to change my "name" after I hear "Mommy" for the gazillionth time.

Crocs + 2 year old = mass amounts of dirt and sand dumped on your floor when they are removed.

I now understand why my Mom was nervous about taking me to the grocery store when I was a toddler. I was forever asking folks about the items in their buggies - sometimes it gets sticky - and now Bug does it to me.

2 year old + crackers = BIG MESS. Gracious, I despise Toast-a-chee crackers now! Those bright orange crumbs will put me in the loony bin soon.

The phrase "shut up" never sounded like bad words until I heard my toddler say them - they are now dirty words and we don't use them anymore.

Legos, tractors and plastic dinosaurs hurt REALLY BAD when they are stepped on - especially in the middle of the night.

My heart breaks when I hear "I want my boo-boo off".

Even though I thought explaining that boys have ooh-oohs and girls don't was a good idea - it seems the topic can come up and out of Bug's mouth at the most inopportune times.

But with all that said, one thing is for certain - I love being a Mommy more than ANYTHING in the world. It is my greatest accomplishment.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Y'ALL