Monday, June 9, 2008

9 on the 9th - Modern "Conveniences"

Nine on the Ninth - hosted by All that Naz

Here is my rant on "convenience" things that don't always work out to be truly convenient.


1. Cell phones - Ugh, from the person in line in front of you at the grocery store who won't stop chattering incessantly about NOTHING to unload their purchases to the driver in front of you who can't concentrate on driving for yapping - I am over it with folks who are obnoxious cell phone users. Hush already in public places - those of us who have to listen to you, we don't care.

2. Automated telephone answering systems at places of business - Geez...these are really annoying. Especially if you don't know the extension of the person you wish to speak with. And then it will ask you spell their last name with the keypad. Good luck with that! It hardly ever works for me.

3. Self checkout lines - Okay, maybe it it simply the operator, but those things seriously trip me up!

4. Gadget lights in your vehicle - Low Tire Pressure, Buckle Seat Belt, Low Fuel....these are great about notifying you on items that should be checked on your truck but please - no constant dinging noise.

5. Childproof anything - I know these mean well and have a really good chance of saving lots of incidents with children but....don't you find them annoying also? Or is it the same problem as listed in #3?

6. Mechanical pencils - Why is the lead in these not as thick as the old fashioned pencils you sharpen yourself? Man - I can bust the lead off these things all day! Of course, I put a lot of pressure on my pens and pencils but the old fashioned ones don't break with me. What is the difference?

7. Weights on red lights - Ever get behind the car in the turn lane who is not pulled up far enough for the weight at the red light to detect they are there?? OH MY GOSH! I just about lose my mind in this case scenario. Major road rage folks!! Especially when you have sat through 2 green lights for the cars going straight and the person has not yet figured it out.

8. Telemarketers - enough said.

9. Automatic faucets in public bathrooms - I have a 2 1/2 year old. This is a logistical nightmare.

Whew, that was therapeutic!!




No comments: