Monday, April 7, 2008

Bittersweet

Hi there!
Today has been one of those really weird days (whatever weird is anyway). I think it is because of a few factors:
1. I did not get much sleep last night and my 4:00 AM hour was tampered with - that is never a good thing. That is without a doubt my most important hour of sleep.
2. A friend sent me a link to a blog that is dedicated to a Mother's unborn baby and the baby will need a miracle to survive once she is born. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
3. Lane was sick today. He has a double ear infection. The last one of these he had was at least a year or so if not more and we took him to the Doctor for some other reason and found out he had it. Needless to say, he didn't act sick that day. But today, I can honestly say, it was the first time he has ever "acted sick" when he was sick.
So anyway, back on track of my thoughts, the blog I read today just floored me. In fact, another good friend had told me about it before I had seen it and advised that I read it when I had time to really read it uninterrupted. Folks, I am blessed by God's Grace and Love. He has given more than I have ever deserved or ever will deserve.
I was able to cuddle with Lane - hold him close to me, do the "butt pat" thing and sing a song to him to calm him down when he was crying. It has been so long since I have had the opportunity to do that. I told this to a friend earlier and afterwards reflected on it and realized how lucky I am. I don't think I grasp that concept enough.
I know I don't tell God enough "THANK YOU" for giving me such simplistic problems. Instead, I magnify me own wants and desires and make protest to Him.
Please visit the blog above and pray for the family. They need God's blessings showered over them right now during this very tough time.

No comments: