Saturday, October 4, 2008

HOTC

We did HOTC today. It was our first time. We had a really good time. It was really ALOT of work. Whew! We worked at the Cultural Center. We removed all of the plants around the sign. They had grown up bigger than the sign and really took away from it. So, yes, moved A-L-L of the shrubs. And let me assure you, those babies were rooted like all get out!!! Me and Donna worked hard together to remove all the ones we were able to dig up. The biggest ones had to be winched to get them up. And even with that, Monty had to chock the tires on the Expedition because when he cranked the winch, the tires on it woud turn. Yep....not exaggerating. Those suckers had ROOTS baby!!! So we got all of it removed - and by the way, I shall not forget to mention the snakes, yep, S-N-A-K-E-S (got that...yes, plural, not singular) that those who chose to touch removed from the bushes and set free in other shrubs that we were not working in. ......shudder..... Give me frogs, lizards, centipedes, whatever, but don't get a snake or spider up next to me. Poor Dee Dee, one of her boys took a couple home. Bless her heart. But we completed the project and it looked great. Here are a couple of photos.

Doesn't the end result look great??? I think so!! It was alot of fun but alot of work. And you thought I was kidding about the snakes??? Those were just the babies. I didn't clip a picture of the 2 big ones (referred to as Mommy and Daddy).

Lane nejoyed the lunch at the park catered by Granddaddy's BBQ.
Of course, while we were there we had to get some quality play time in too. I really don't know how LaneBug made it through the whole day. We didn't get home until almost 2 and he took about a 30 mintue nap. Then we went to a friend's house for dinner and LaneBug played with their 2 boys. It was a long day - we had lots of fun. But I am ready to hit the hay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. bless DeeDee's heart!! I would die!